Determining why when an extension is dialing a local number, the call is failing with a fast busy signal or Call Failed message in VOD or even with no error message.
Virtual Office Desktop - all versions
- In order to verify if the dialed number is a valid number try dialing it from an offnet (non 8x8) phone network
- If you are using VOD Classic View switch to New Experience
- Depending if the extension is provisioned in Account Manager or Virtual Office Configuration Manager:
- In Account Manager, navigate to Home > Phone System > Calling Options and locate the extension.
- Under the Calling Option ensure that the correct Outbound Calling Country is selected.
- Under Outbound Calling Options ensure that the option selected is either Domestic or International.
- If the issue persists under Outbound Calling Options the option selected is either try changing the option Domestic.
- or International to a different value, save it and then change it to the correct value and save again the setting.
- In Configuration Manager, navigate to Home > Users > Edit:
- Click Edit for the extension you would like to verify.
- Under External calling permission, check Calling Country to be correct. Check that the External calling plan is.
- Set either to International or with Domestic.