To configure Call Park Extensions or BLF Call Park in Virtual Office Configuration Manager, click here.
To set up a Call Park Extension (also known as enabling BLF Call Park), you need to:
- Add a Call Park Extension.
- Assign the Call Park Extension to a BLF key on the phone.
Step 1: Add a Call Park Extension
In this step, add a call park extension for each department you want to monitor. In other words, add a label for each department and the system automatically assigns a call park extension number for each label you add. For this example, we are setting up Call Park Extensions for a hardware store.
To add a Call Park Extension
- Log in to Account Manager.
- Click Phone System.
- Click Call Park Extensions.
- Enter a label for the Call Park extension (in this example, we used Paints). Click Add a Park Extension.
An extension is automatically added and listed in the Extension table.
Note: Call Park extensions are added in order: 491, 492, 493, to 699. Extensions 500, 551 to 559, however, are reserved for use with other services.
- Repeat the above procedure to create one call park extension for each remaining department (in this example, we used Lighting and Lumber).
Step 2: Assign the Park Extension to a BLF key on the phone
The next step is to assign call park extensions to BLF keys on phone sets. In the example of the hardware store, we need to configure three BLF keys on the phone used by the front desk associate. For other departments, however, we will add only one BLF key such as Paints for the paint department, Lumber for the lumber department, and so on.
To assign the Call Park extensions to a BLF key
- From the Home screen in Account Manager, navigate to Phone System.
- Select Line Key Configuration from the menu. A list of extensions eligible for line key configuration shows.
- From the list, select an extension and click Configure Line Keys.
You are prompted to back up the contact directory or speed dials on the phone.
- Perform the back-up process on your device.
- After completing the back-up on the phone, click Confirm to continue in Account Manager.
- The Line Key Configuration screen shows the device key map with assigned keys and unused spare keys on your phone.
This key map corresponds to the keys on your phone.
- Drag and drop (or double-click) the BLF key to an unused key in the map. You can also edit an existing line key.
The Selection box appears.
- The Chrome browser does not support drag-and-drop functionality. Double-click the key for the key type options.
- The number of Line Appearance Keys and BLF keys allowed for the extension depends on the Power Keys plan it is associated with.
- Select Call Park Extensions from the menu.
- Enter the Call Park Extension label you created earlier and click Search.
You can also create a label by clicking the Call Park Extensions link.
- Click OK. The assigned BLF key appears.
For the front desk associate's phone, we need to repeat the above process to add the lumber and lighting departments to this associate's phone.
For phones used in every other department, we would need to create only one BLF key. The following example shows the configuration for the Paints department phone.
- Click Save to reboot the phone and update the screen configuration.