Note: To find the activation code for your phone or base unit in Virtual Office Configuration Manager, click here.
Activating your 8x8 phones requires an activation code.
This activation code is included in all of the following:
- The Order Shipped email - Sent to the email address given by the person who placed the order.
- The user's extension Welcome email - Sent to individual extension users when a new user profile is assigned to an extension. If you cannot locate your Welcome email, your 8x8 account administrator can have it sent to you again. (See: How do I resend the Virtual Office welcome email to extension users?)
- Account Manager - Accessible to authorized 8x8 account administrators.
To find an activation code in the Welcome email
- Look for an email with the subject, "You've Been Assigned a New Virtual Office Extension."
- Scroll down to Your Extension Info to see the Device Activation Code.
To find an activation code in Account Manager
Note: The 8x8 Account Manager portal is accessible only to authorized 8x8 account administrators.
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Navigate to Phone System > View All Extensions > View.
- Locate the extension with the device you want to activate.
- Click Activate Device.
- A pop-up window will appear with the extension information and device Activation Code.
- If you are activating wireless or cordless IP DECT phones, the pop-up window will look different, and will include more extensive activation instructions.
Note: The activation code listed for IP DECT phones is to be used to activate the base unit.