Note: To set up Ring Group voicemail in Virtual Office Configuration Manager, click here.
You can configure your Ring Group voicemail settings in Account Manager, and manage voicemail over the phone. Users will need to know the voicemail password to access the Ring Group voicemail.
To record and manage your outgoing voicemail greeting, open the section for Manage Ring Group voicemail over the phone.
Setting up Ring Group Voicemail in Account Manager
- Log in to Account Manager.
- From the top menu, click Phone System.
- From the left panel, click Ring Groups.
- Click Edit to the right of the Ring Group you wish to edit.
- In Ring Group Details, you can set the Voicemail Password, as well as options for when calls should be directed to voicemail.
- Under Members of Ring Group, decide which group members can receive Ring Group Voicemail.
- When you are finished, click Save.
- To record and manage this Ring Group's outgoing voicemail greeting, open the section below for Manage Ring Group voicemail over the phone.
Note: Delivery of voicemail notifications to Ring Group members allowed to receive Ring Group voicemail is determined within the setup of each individual extension.
Manage Ring Group Voicemail Over the Phone
- From any extension in your 8x8 system, dial 500.
- Enter the Ring Group extension number and press #.
- Enter the Ring Group voicemail password and press #.
- Press the * key to enter the Main Menu.
- Note: If you have no saved voicemail messages, you should enter the Main Menu automatically. You can skip this step.
- From the Main Menu:
- Press 1 to listen to your messages.
- Press 2 to change your greeting. Options include using just a name; setting distinct internal (on-network) and external (off-network) greetings; and changing greetings to be used at certain times or occasions.
- Press 3 to manage user preference options: change voicemail password, call waiting preferences, busy handling, ring no answer handling, Internet outage routing, and email notification preferences.
- Press 4 to establish or change call forwarding rules. Options include: listen to, set, change, or cancel call forwarding rules.
- Press 5 to set a specific greeting for business hours, after business hours, lunch time, meeting, weekend, and vacation.
- Press 6 to enable or disable Announcement Only mode (e.g., your vacation greeting).
- Press 9 to exit voicemail.
For a downloadable Quick Reference Guide to the voicemail phone menu, click here.