Some people prefer not to display their information on outbound calls. If you do not want show your Caller ID name and number on outbound calls, you have these options: Account Manager (for system admins only), Virtual Office Configuration Manager (for system admins only), or Virtual Office Desktop (any extension user).
Virtual Office Configuration Manager
In Virtual Office Configuration Manager, your 8x8 system administrator must block caller ID for each extension user. If the user's outbound caller ID is configured to show their site's main line number, it will still be blocked according to the user's External Caller ID settings.
- Log in to VO Configuration Manager.
- Click Users.
- Click More Options (more options) to the right of the user profile that you wish to modify.
- Select Edit from the pop-up menu.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Click the toggle next to Block External Caller ID to remove your outbound caller ID information for calls outside of your company. When the toggle turns blue, the block feature is enabled. You can also click Show More > Block Internal Caller ID to block your caller ID information within your company.
- Click Save.
In Account Manager, you can block your outbound Caller ID by checking the Permanent Caller ID Blocking box inside the settings for the extension. This must be performed by an 8x8 system administrator on behalf of the extension user.
- Log in to Account Manager.
- Click Phone System.
- Click View.
- Under View All Extensions, click View.
- Click Edit next to the extension you want to edit.
- Under Extension Settings, check the box next to Permanent Caller ID Blocking.
- Click Save Changes.
Virtual Office Desktop
Another option is to block Caller ID through Virtual Office Desktop. This is can be done by any user for their own extension.
Note: This is currently available in Virtual Office Desktop's Classic Mode, which is accessible to non-Virtual Office Editions customers.
- Click Settings (gear icon), or navigate to Virtual Office > Settings.
- Click My Services.
- Under External Caller ID, select Anonymous from the Caller ID drop-down.
- Click Save.