Note: To increase your ring timer as an end user in Virtual Office Desktop or as an account admin in Account Manager, the legacy version of Virtual Office Configuration Manager, click here.
Increase the ring timer from the default to the desired number.
By default, an extension is set to ring for 15 seconds before calls are sent to voicemail. There are two ways to increase how long your phone rings before a call is sent to voicemail: by an end user in the Virtual Office Desktop application settings, or by an account admin within the user's extension settings in Virtual Office Configuration Manager.
Changing these settings will affect ring duration across all your Virtual Office softphone applications (desktop, online, and mobile) and your desk phone.
- Configuration Manager
Note: Using Cellular Voice as your inbound Call Mode in Virtual Office Mobile? Your smartphone's default ring duration may take precedence over these settings if it is shorter.
- Log in to VO Configuration Manager.
- Click Users.
- Click Edit (pencil icon) to the right of the user you wish to select to edit.
- Click Call forwarding rules.
- Check the box to enable forwarding for When User Does Not Answer the Call. Note: Ensure that you have not selected Forward all Calls so that you can choose forwarding options based on status.
- Click Edit (pencil) to the right of When User Does Not Answer the Call.
- Select one of the forwarding options below for Forward Calls to:
- No One and Play Busy
- Selected Users or External Numbers: Type in the name or number associated with an extension or enter an external number.
- Edit the time the call will ring before it will be routed to voicemail or the selected forwarding destination for your user.
- Click Save.
- Save the user.
Call Forwarding needs to be set up for the extension prior to extending the default ring timer.