Okta administrators will need to configure their Okta account for 8x8 SSO before completing changes in Virtual Office (VO) Configuration Manager.
Add the 8x8 SAML Application in Okta
Add Users to the 8x8 Inc Application
- If needed, click the Applications menu to see your installed applications, then click 8x8 Inc to open that application.
- Click the Assignments tab.
- Click the Assign drop-down and select Assign to People.
- Click Assign for each individual user you are providing access to 8x8 Virtual Office.
- Click Done.
Obtain Your Okta SAML SSO Configuration Info
Follow these steps to gather information for required changes in VO Configuration Manager.
- If needed, first click the Applications menu to see your installed applications, then click 8x8 Inc to open that application.
- Click the Sign On tab.
- Scroll down to Sign On Methods > SAML 2.0 and click View Setup Instructions, which will pop open a new browser tab.
- Because you'll be making changes to VO Configuration Manager instead of Account Manager, skip steps 1-6 of the Setup Instructions and proceed to Step 7.
- Copy and paste the Sign In URL into any text editor (or just keep your browser tab open for later). You'll use this information in the next section.
- Copy and paste the Issuer URL as above.
- Click the Identity Provider Certificate URL and save your okta.cert certificate file to a known location.
Configure Okta Access in VO Configuration Manager
- Log in to VO Configuration Manager and navigate to Home > Virtual Office > Identity Management.
- In Identity Management > Okta > SAML settings, do the following:
- Paste the Okta Sign In URL you copied earlier into the Configuration Manager IDP Login URL area.
- Paste the Okta Issuer URL you copied earlier into the Configuration Manager IDP Issuer URL area.
- Click on Upload Certificate, select the certificate file you downloaded earlier, and click Open.
- In Authentication methods > Login options, click the drop-down menu and select one of the two Single Sign On options:
- Both 8x8 username and Single Sign On allows your 8x8 users to log in using either their 8x8 credentials or their Okta credentials.
- Only Single Sign On forces your 8x8 user to log in to their 8x8 extension using only Okta credentials.
- Scroll down and click Save. Okta users will now be able to use the Single Sign On option to log in to 8x8 Virtual Office Desktop.