To configure Okta SAML 2.0 SSO for Virtual Office Configuration Manager.
- Configuration Manager
This is a basic configuration walkthrough for Okta and the 8x8 Virtual Office Configuration Manager, to provide Okta SAML SSO login for 8x8 Virtual Office users.
Note: If your 8x8 Virtual Office account is on the Account Manager platform, see Configuring Okta SAML 2.0 SSO for Virtual Office Account Manager.
Add the 8x8 SAML Application in Okta
Okta administrators will need to configure their Okta account for 8x8 SSO before completing changes in Virtual Office (VO) Configuration Manager.
- Open the Okta Admin portal.
- Click the Applications menu and select Applications.
- Click Add Application.
- Search for 8x8 Inc and click Add.
- In General Settings, click Done.
Add Users to the 8x8 Inc Application
- If needed, click the Applications menu to see your installed applications, then click 8x8 Inc to open that application.
- Click the Assignments tab.
- Click the Assign drop-down and select Assign to People.
- Click Assign for each individual user you are providing access to 8x8 Virtual Office.
- Click Done.
Obtain Your Okta SAML SSO Configuration Info
Follow these steps to gather information for required changes in VO Configuration Manager.
- If needed, first click the Applications menu to see your installed applications, then click 8x8 Inc to open that application.
- Click the Sign On tab.
- Scroll down to Sign On Methods > SAML 2.0 and click View Setup Instructions. This will pop open a new browser tab with Okta's document How to Configure SAML 2.0 for 8x8 Inc.
Note: If the View Setup Instructions option does not appear in this view, switch your Okta from Developer Console to Classic UI mode at the top-left of the screen, and then follow these instructions again.
- Scroll down to step of Okta's configuration document.
- You'll need the information below to Configure Okta Access in VO Configuration Manager instead of Account Manager.
- Copy and paste the Sign In URL into any text editor (or just keep your browser tab open for later). You'll use this information in the next section.
- Copy and paste the Issuer URL as above.
- Click the Identity Provider Certificate URL and save your okta.cert certificate file to a known location.
Configure Okta Access
- Log in to VO Configuration Manager and navigate to Home > Virtual Office > Identity Management.
- In Authentication methods > Login options, select one of the two Single Sign On options:
- Both 8x8 username and Single Sign On allows your 8x8 users to log in using either their 8x8 credentials or their Okta credentials.
- Only Single Sign On forces your 8x8 user to log in to their 8x8 extension using only Okta credentials.
- Under Okta SAML settings, do the following:
- Paste the Okta Sign In URL you copied earlier into the Configuration Manager IDP Login URL area.
- Paste the Okta Issuer URL you copied earlier into the Configuration Manager IDP Issuer URL area.
- Click the attachment field to upload a certificate, select the certificate file you downloaded earlier, and click Open.
- Click Save. Okta users will now be able to use the Single Sign On option to log in to 8x8 Virtual Office Desktop.