Note: To configure cross-site dialing in Account Manager, the legacy version of Virtual Office Configuration Manager, click here.
Cross-Site Dialing enables users to call by extension between different sites as long as they are configured under the same company (i.e., company's phone system has Cross-Site Dialing enabled). You will need to have administrator rights in Virtual Office Configuration Manager in order to set up this feature.
To configure cross-site dialing in VO Configuration Manager
- Log in to VO Configuration Manager.
- Click Sites.
- Click More Options (three dots) to the right of the site that you wish to edit.
- Select Edit from the pop-up menu.
- Enter the Site Code under Internal Dial Plan.
- Select the desired extension length from the drop-down. You can select an extension up to nine digits long.
- Click Save.
To make extension-to-extension calls with cross-site dialing
Though in-site dialing will remain unchanged, users will have to add the site code before the user's extension to make extension-to-extension calls between sites.
We will use the following Site Codes:
- Acme Site A: 20
- Acme Site B: 21
- Within Acme Site A: Sarah dials 1002 to call Jeff
- From Acme Site A to Acme Site B: Sarah dials 211001 to call Rob