Note: To set up Ring Group voicemail in Account Manager, the legacy version of Virtual Office Configuration Manager, click here.
You can configure your voicemail settings in Virtual Office Configuration Manager as an admin and via your phone as an end user. Users will need to know the voicemail password to access the Ring Group voicemail.
To set up Ring Group voicemail in Virtual Office Configuration Manager (Admin)
- Log in to VO Configuration Manager.
- Click Ring Groups.
- Click More Options (three dots) to the right of your Ring Group.
- Select Edit from the pop-up menu.
- Enabled Voicemail Access. Members added to the group will automatically have voicemail access.
- Click More Options(three dashes) to manage Voicemail access.
- Under Voicemail settings, enter and confirm a password for the Ring Group voicemail.
- If you have already set this up but have forgotten the password, click Reset Password. Your password should be a string of numbers that do not repeat and are non-sequential.
- Click Save. Once your voicemail password has been set (or changed), all Ring Group members enabled for voicemail access will receive an email with the new password.
Manage Ring Group Voicemail Over the Phone (End User)
- From any extension in your 8x8 system, dial 500.
- Enter the Ring Group extension number and press #.
- Enter the Ring Group voicemail password and press #.
- Press the * key to enter the Main Menu.
- If you have no saved voicemail messages, you should enter the Main Menu automatically. You can skip this step.
- From the Main Menu:
- Press 1 to listen to your messages.
- Press 2 to change your greeting. Options include using just a name; setting distinct internal (on-network) and external (off-network) greetings; and changing greetings to be used at certain times or occasions.
- Press 3 to manage user preference options: change voicemail password, call waiting preferences, busy handling, ring no answer handling, Internet outage routing, and email notification preferences.
- Press 4 to establish or change call forwarding rules. Options include: listen to, set, change, or cancel call forwarding rules.
- Press 5 to set a specific greeting for business hours, after business hours, lunch time, meeting, weekend, and vacation.
- Press 6 to enable or disable Announcement Only mode (e.g., your vacation greeting).
- Press 9 to exit voicemail.
For a downloadable Quick Reference Guide to the voicemail phone menu, click here.