Note: Click here if you are setting up your Ring Group in Account Manager, the legacy version of Virtual Office Configuration Manager.
For basic information on Ring Groups, see What is a Ring Group and what can I do with it?
To set up Ring Groups in VO Configuration Manager
- Log in to Configuration Manager.
- Click Ring Group.
- Click Create Ring Group.
- Enter your Ring Group details. The following values are required to create a Ring Group:
- Group Name
- Extension Number
- Ring Group Caller ID
- Cycles (how many times the call will cycle through the ring group before going to voicemail)
- Voicemail Password (this password is specific to the Ring Group Voicemail)
- Set the extension number by entering in an available extension number or clicking Suggest to have an extension suggested for you.
- You can choose any of the following options to serve as the Ring Group Caller ID:
- Ring Group Name and Caller's Number
- Caller's Name and Caller's Number
- Ring Group Name and the Ring Group Extension
- Set a value for the number of Cycles your call will go through to your Ring Group before it is routed to voicemail.
- Create your Ring Group Voicemail Password by entering a password that is 6 to 15 digits long. The numbers in your password cannot be sequential.
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen. You should see a green banner at the top of your screen that states "Your Ring Group has been successfully created."
For a complete guide to setting up your Ring Group go to Configuration Manager > Help > Set up Ring Group.