Incoming callers are hearing silence instead of the standard ringback when calling into a Virtual Office Configuration Manager ring group.
- Login to Configuration Manager
- Under Work Groups, click Ring Groups
- Click the 3 dots on the right of the Ring Group that is having the issue and click edit.
- Click Change
- Download the default 8x8 ringback file here: ringBackTone.au
- Click Upload and audio file.
- Drag and drop the downloaded file into the circle.
- On the next page, click Select next to the file you want to use.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
- Place a test call to your ring group to confirm that you are hearing the default ringback tone.
Why is this happening?
When you delete your custom ring back from the ring group, the system does not default back to the default ring back tone. This is a due to a bug in the current version of CM. We currently do no have an ETA on when the fix will be released to customers. For now, please use the workaround provided in this article.