Integrating Meetings with the Microsoft Outlook Plug-in
Create, view, and manage meetings from within Microsoft Outlook. Users can send email invitations for Virtual Office meetings from any connected address.
- Select the Calendar tab in Microsoft Outlook.
- In the calendar, right-click the day you want your meeting to take place to open the drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, select New Meeting Request. A window will open where you can schedule the meeting and invite participants.
- Select Add a Virtual Office Meeting to attach a Virtual Office meeting to the Outlook calendar event and share meeting details with participants.
- Once the meeting is created, you can:
- Amend the advanced settings in Meeting Settings, view dial-in numbers available to participants, and add co-hosts to the meeting (these will be given additional host rights during a meeting)
- Reset Meeting ID which is required to access your meeting
- Remove Virtual Office Meeting
- Enter additional meeting details, invite participants, and select the time and duration of the meeting.
- To save the meeting and send invitations to participants, click Send. For future use, you can view the meeting in the Virtual Office desktop app under Meetings > My Meetings.
- Go to the Calendar tab within Microsoft Outlook.
- In the calendar, double-click the desired meeting. A meeting can be edited in the pop up window.
- In the meeting window, you can configure meeting settings, edit meeting details, remove or invite participants, and reschedule.
- Select Send Update to notify invited participants of any changes.
- Go to the Calendar tab in Microsoft Outlook.
- In the calendar, double-click the desired meeting. A window will open where you can review information to join the meeting.
- In the meeting window, you can find:
- The URL to join instantly via Virtual Office; click to launch the meeting in the Virtual Office desktop app.
- The Meeting ID to enter in Virtual Office.
- A one-tap dial-in phone number to join via mobile audio without entering your Meeting ID; tap from your mobile device to join quickly while on the go.
- Domestic and international dial-in phone numbers that have been assigned to the meeting. To dial in, call the desired number, and enter the Meeting ID as needed.
- The option to join from an in-room video conferencing system. For information on using your in-room conference systems, please refer to the manufacturer's instructions.
Note: Hosts and participants joining via Virtual Office, and participants dialing in to the meeting, can join using the Meeting ID. If you are given the Host ID by the organizer but were not listed as a host for the meeting, you must use the Host ID to exercise your host rights during the meeting.
- Go to the Calendar tab of Microsoft Outlook.
- In the calendar, right-click the day you want your meeting to take place. A drop-down menu opens.
- From the drop-down, select Cancel Meeting. A window opens in which you can delete the meeting.
- In the meeting window, click Send Cancelation to notify participants that the meeting is cancelled.
At this time, the following are not available in the Outlook plug-in:
- The ability to start an instant meeting without scheduling
- The ability to view a list of your upcoming Virtual Office meetings from the 8x8 menu
- Compatibility with Mac