The 8x8 Single Sign On option (SSO) in Salesforce allows users of the 8x8 Virtual Office for Salesforce integration to sign in to both Salesforce and their 8x8 extension simultaneously, using only their Salesforce login credentials.
This guide applies specifically to 8x8 Account Manager user accounts.
To configure Salesforce SSO in Virtual Office Configuration Manager, click here.
Step 1: Configuring Account Manager User Profiles for SSO
In Account Manager, you have the option to modify and upload a CSV file containing multiple users' information, or you can configure one user at a time.
To configure Salesforce SSO for multiple users at one time
- Log in to Account Manager.
- Go to Accounts > User Profiles.
- Click Edit/Viewable Hidden Fields.
- Towards the bottom of the Edit User Profile Fields window, ensure the box for SFDC ID is checked.
- Click Save.
- To the right and below the User Profiles table, click Download CSV Template.
- Download and open the file in a spreadsheet editor.
- Edit the Salesforce ID field for each Salesforce user, entering their individual Salesforce Username (Salesforce login ID).
- You may also make changes to any other other information that needs updating.
Important: Do not make any changes to the 8x8 Internal ID column of the CSV file template.
- Once you have made your changes, save the file to your computer hard drive.
- On the Account Manager User Profiles page, click Upload CSV Template, then Proceed.
- Click Add, then locate the file you just saved and click Open, then Upload.
- Verify that the new information is correct and then click Submit.
- Proceed to configure Salesforce in the next section below.
To configure Salesforce SSO for individual users
- In the Account Manager User Profiles page, locate the individual user you wish to configure for SSO access in the table,
- Click Edit from the Actions column.
- In the Update User Profile window, enter the Salesforce ID of the Salesforce user associated with that 8x8 User Profile and phone extension.
- Note: The Salesforce ID and 8x8 User Name are not required to be the same.
- Click Save.
- Repeat this process for each Salesforce integration user to whom you wish to grant SSO access in Salesforce.
- Then proceed to configure Salesforce in the next section below.
Step 2: Configuring Salesforce
Note: Integration SSO is an all-or-none configuration. If enabled, ALL integration users added to the 8x8 Virtual Office call center in Salesforce will use this feature.
- Log in to Salesforce as an administrator.
- At the top right of the screen, click Setup.
- At the top left of the screen, search for Call Centers, then click the Call Centers link.
- Under All Call Centers, locate the 8x8 Virtual Office Integration call center and click Edit.
- In the Enable Salesforce SSO field, enter true in lower case, only.
- Click Save.
- All users must log out of Salesforce and then log back in again to fully enable the Salesforce SSO.
- Once logged back in, click on the Salesforce Home tab to initiate the communication panel login.
- The first time a user logs in to Salesforce after this configuration change, a window will pop requesting permission to allow Single Sign On. Click Allow.
That’s it! Users can now log in to Salesforce without needing to separately log in to the 8x8 communication panel.