The 8x8 Single Sign On option (SSO) in Salesforce allows users of the 8x8 Virtual Office for Salesforce integration to sign in to both Salesforce and their 8x8 extension simultaneously, using only their Salesforce login credentials.
This guide applies specifically to 8x8 Configuration Manager user accounts.
To configure 8x8 SSO in Salesforce for an 8x8 Account Manager user, click here.
The configuration steps below must be performed in both Salesforce and 8x8 Virtual Office Configuration Manager by an administrator of those accounts.
Once configured, the 8x8 SSO feature in Salesforce is applied globally, affecting all 8x8 Virtual Office users assigned in the 8x8 Virtual Office call center in Salesforce.
The 8x8 SSO option in Salesforce operates independently of Single Sign On services such as Okta.
When using both an external Single Sign On service (such as Okta) to govern user application access, and the 8x8 SSO option in Salesforce, the user's Salesforce/Okta Username must be added as the Third Party username, as shown in Step 1 below.
Step 1: Configuring a VO Configuration Manager User Profile for SSO
- Log in to VO Configuration Manager.
- From the Home page, click Users.
- Click the Edit (pencil) icon of the user you are modifying.
- Click on or scroll down to the Third Party Integration section near the bottom of the page.
- Under Third Party, click on the drop-down menu and select Salesforce ID.
- Enter your Salesforce Username.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page to confirm your changes.
Step 2: Configuring Salesforce
- Log in to Salesforce as an administrator with access to call centers.
- At the top right of the screen, click Setup.
- At the top left of the screen, search for Call Centers, then click the Call Centers link.
- Under All Call Centers, locate the 8x8 Virtual Office call center and click Edit.
- In the Enable Salesforce SSO field, enter true in lower case, only.
- Click Save.
- All users must then log out of Salesforce and then log back in again for the Salesforce SSO change to take effect.
- Users should then click Home in Salesforce to initiate the automatic login to the 8x8 communication panel.
- The first time a user logs in to Salesforce after this configuration change, a window will pop requesting permission to allow 8x8 Single Sign On. Click Allow.
- Note that the 8x8 integration will not function at all if the user clicks Deny.
Assigned users can now log in to Salesforce without needing to separately log in to their 8x8 extension in Salesforce.
Important Note: The Virtual Office for Salesforce integration is not a softphone—it does not provide or affect phone audio in any way.
This means that users of the 8x8 integration in Salesforce must also log in to either Virtual Office Desktop or Virtual Office Mobile, or must have a physical phone assigned and active on their 8x8 extension.