Install the 8x8 VO for Salesforce Integration Package
This installation process can be performed in either Classic or Lightning mode in Salesforce, and only needs to be performed once for it to work in either mode.
- First, log in to Salesforce as an administrator.
- Click the following Salesforce Apex app installation URL to open a new browser tab, or right-click and copy the link location, then paste the URL into the address line of your preferred web browser.
- Select Install for All Users and click Install.
- Click Done to complete the package installation.
- Salesforce should automatically display the installed package. If not, in Salesforce click Setup, then search for and click Installed Packages.
- Verify that version 2.8 of the 8x8 Virtual Office for Salesforce integration is installed, and proceed to the next step.
Add Salesforce Users to the New Call Center
Your Salesforce users must be added to the 8x8 call center for them to see the integration communication panel.
- To begin, navigate to Setup > Call Centers and click on the name of the 8x8 Virtual Office Integration call center (do not click Edit).
- Scroll down and click Manage Call Center Users.
- Click Add More Users.
- In Search for More Users, click Find to see a list of all available/unassigned users. You can also use filters to narrow your search as needed.
- Select the users who will have access to the 8x8 Virtual Office integration, then click Add to Call Center.
- Your Salesforce users can now click on their Home tab to log into and use the 8x8 Virtual Office for Salesforce Integration.
- If your Salesforce users require use of the integration in Lightning mode, continue on with the next step. Otherwise, this basic installation process is complete.