With an analog phone plugged into an SPA122 ATA adapter, you do not hear a dial tone and appear to have no service.
Cisco Linksys SPA122 ATA adapter
Verify Phone and Network Connections
The phone should be plugged into the PHONE 1 port.
The adapter should be connected to the network (router/switch) via the blue Internet port.
Check LED Lights
Verify that the first three LED lights on the adapter are all on and functioning properly:
- The first is the System/Power light. This should be a solid, steady green.
- The second is the Internet light. This should be flashing green.
- The third is the Phone 1 light. This should be
- Steady green when the phone is hung up (on the hook).
- Flashing green when the phone is in use (off the hook).
Most often, the phone or network is not properly connected to the adapter.