An extension user can log in to a Hot Desk host as a guest and use the desk phone as their own extension phone. (Click here for a list of supported 8x8 Hot Desk devices.)
To log in to a Hot Desk host
- From a Hot Desk host, dial *43.
- At the prompt, enter your extension number followed by your voicemail password. The phone reboots and displays the username and extension number. You can now make and receive calls just as you do when you use your desk phone.
To log out of a Hot Desk host
- From the Hot Desk host, dial *43.
- Enter your extension number followed by the voicemail password. The phone reboots and displays the host name and extension number.
To log out of a Hot Desk host remotely
- Log in to any Virtual Office client such as Virtual Office Mobile, Virtual Office Desktop, or Virtual Office Online.
- Dial *43, followed by extension number and voicemail password to be logged out from the Hot Desk host.
Note: If you forget to log out, as soon as another guest logs in to the Hot Desk, your extension will be logged out.