To upgrade/downgrade firmware versions of Polycom phones using the Web GUI
- Polycom VVX Models (IP Phones)
- Polycom IP Soundpoints (Conference Phones)
Checking Available Firmware
- Check the firmware version of the phone
- Home Button > Settings > Status > Platform > Application > Main > Version
- Please contact 8x8 Support to find out what is the latest firmware version that we support on the Polycom Phones
How to Upgrade/Downgrade
Upgrading or downgrading can be done using Web GUI, follow the below steps in order to achieve this.
- Make sure the phone and computer are connected to the same network.
- Get the IP address of the phone
- Home Button > Settings > Status > Network > TCP/IP Parameters > IP/IPV4
- Open up a web browser and type https://<IP Address>
- Click advanced at the bottom of the page , Proceed to <IP Address>
- You should land on the below page
- Select Admin and enter the admin password (MAC PAssword) and log in
- Navigate to Utilities > Software Upgrade> Check for updates (this will populate all the available software /firmware versions)
- You will find the list in the dropdown on Software available at Polycom hosted server
- Select the required version and then install.
- Click yes for the confirmation to apply the changes.
- The phone would initiate rebooting once or twice.
- Check the firmware version on the phone to confirm it has upgraded/downgraded
The devices should have the right firmware version to enable proper functioning of the phone. Older firmware version may come across issues.