The Polycom phone isn't accepting the 8x8 provisioning after following the Factory Restart & Provisioning Guide
- All Polycom Desk phone models (VVX 101 - VVX 601)
Follow the below checks if the phone isn't provisioning:
- Make sure that your phone is pulling an IP address (Home>Settings>Status>Network>TCP/IP Parameters>IP Address/IPv4 Address)
- If not, try connecting the phone to a different known working location which pulls an IP address and try provisioning again
- Make sure that the phone has undergone a complete factory reset before provisioning.
- Confirm that the device has the factory certificate installed (Home>Settings>Status>Platform>Phone>Device Certificate should be Factory Installed)
Provisioning Using Web GUI
For an alternate option to provision using Web GUI, click here.
Upgrading Firmware Version
- Make sure that you have the latest firmware version updated on the phone. (Home Button > Settings > Status > Platform > Application > Main > Version)
- Reach out to 8x8 Support team to know the latest firmware version
- If you are requested to upgrade the firmware version, click here.
Various causes for not provisioning could be network cables, not having the factory certificate installed, incomplete factory reset or even a defective phone.
If the phone doesn't provision even after following the above checks, then reach out to 8x8 support team.