Personal Queues are intended as a means for logged-in agents to contact each other, or to transfer calls to specific individual agents or their voicemail.
This article will show you how to create a Personal Queue for an agent.
Enable Personal Queues
First you must enable the system option to allow the use of Personal Queues:
- Navigate to Configuration > System setup > Agent Features.
- Scroll down to Personal Queue Allocation, and select Yes.
- The Show Redirect/Voicemail option will appear when you click Yes, and can be set as desired.
- Click Save.
Create a Personal Queue
Now you must create the Personal Queue:
- From Configuration > Agents, Teams & Queues > Queues, click Add and select Inbound.
- Campaign: Select the same Campaign that the agent is associated with.
- Queue Name: It's recommended to give the queue a Queue Name that relates to the associated Agent you're building the personal queue for.
- Click Update. Once the queue is created, other options will appear.
- In the Inbound Numbers section of the Basics tab, you must assign a direct phone number to the queue.
- Once you've selected the phone number for your new queue, click Update again.
Assign the Personal Queue
Finally, assign the personal queue to the agent:
- Navigate to Configuration > Agents, Teams & Queues > Agents.
- Find the agent you're assigning, then click on the gear icon at the far right and select Edit.
- Scroll down to Personal Queue and select the new inbound call queue you created.
- Click Update. This will assign the queue to this specific agent, so that no other agent can be assigned to it.
The new Personal Queue should now appear in the queue listing of the dialer when an agent wishes to call an agent, or to transfer a call to them.