Creating a new campaign is a convenient way to keep the data organized when using the service for multiple products. Each Campaign gets a separate set of database fields, datasets, queues, and outcome codes. Agents are shared across all.
Important Note: Campaigns are permanent. This is to preserve data integrity on the service.
Once created, a campaign cannot be removed from the service, and will always appear in all features which require the selection of a campaign.
How to Add a New Campaign
- Navigate to Data > Database Management.
- Click Add Campaign located at the top-right corner of the page.
- In the Add Campaign window, enter a Name for your new campaign.
- Note that the name can only contain numbers, letters, and the underscore character. Spaces are not allowed.
- At this point optional custom fields can be added. These fields will appear on the Agent page during calls, only for call queues that are assigned to the specific campaign.
- Custom Field 1 Name: Add custom fields by typing a field name in the box. A new blank custom field will automatically appear underneath each custom field created.
- Agent Prompt: This is the name of the field when displayed to the agent. This can be different from the name of the actual field.
- Input Type: This determines the type of field you are adding. Input types range from a simple text box to radio buttons plus date and time fields.
- Hidden: Determines whether or not the field will be visible to the agent on the agent page.
- Read Only: Defines whether agents will to be able to edit this field or just view its content.
- Search on inbound: Allows agents to search for customer records based on information contained in this field.
- Required: Determines whether an agent can disposition the call without the need to enter a value in this field.
- Once you are satisfied with the campaign name and any custom fields you added, click Add to save your settings.