It is important that you plan the setup of your dialer before implementation. Below you will find the minimum and recommended technical specs for parts of your computers, such as Processor, Hard Drive space, and the supported operating systems.
If you are unsure of what your specifications are, follow these steps:
- Click Start.
- Type "This PC".
- Right-click the icon and select Properties.
- This will open your System settings found on your Control Panel (Control Panel > System & Security > System).
- Click the Apple Icon (top left corner of the screen).
- From this menu, click About This Mac.
- This will open the System Information Window to display your specifications.
PC/Mac Technical Requirements and Recommendations
- Minimum: Core 2 Duo 2.1 GHz.
- Recommended: i5 / i7 2.4 GHz, and above.
- Minimum: 2GB RAM.
- Recommended: 4GB RAM, and above.
Hard Disk Space
- 400 MB, and above.
Although ContactNow is not a download and is Cloud-based, you may be required to download an internet browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc) or a Softphone (Zoiper, X-Lite, etc).
- Microsoft Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10.
- Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or 10.11 (El Capitan).
- Minimum: 0.5MB Upload & Download speed.
- Recommended: 1MB Upload & Download Speed.
We suggest the recommended upload and download speeds in order to prevent any bottlenecking (dropping of traffic) when the number of agents logged in increases. You can check your current download and upload speed by using any popular speed test websites or by contacting your ISP.
Note: These are recommendations PER AGENT and not across your entire network. For example, a team of 10 agents will not be able to operate efficiently on a network that is only providing 1MB Upload and Download, especially if other operations are happening as well (email sending/receiving, server usage, general internet use elsewhere on the network).
A wireless connection can be unstable and is affected by your surroundings and other variables, so will not operate to the full potential of your connection.
Some examples of these variables include, but are not limited to:
- Microwave Ovens.
- Nearby Satellite dishes.
- Power sources (including cabling/wiring).
- Cordless phones (including mobile phones).
- Wireless radios and speakers.
- poorly shielded cabling.
We recommend that the laptop or computer be hard wired (with an ethernet cable) to get the best possible connection.
Router and Ports
- Prioritize traffic to and from ports 5060/5061 (VoIP).
- Allow traffic through ports 10000 to 20000 (minimum) for UDP traffic.
- Allow traffic to and from 188.8.131.52/24 (full ContactNow IP range). This will allow traffic for all 254 IP addresses that ContactNow may use.
Please ensure SIP ALG is disabled; if enabled it can cause significant issues with SIP connections. For example, disconnecting agents from the dialer every 8 minutes (due to failed SIP keep alive's).