Outbound calls are not presented to your agent, and your agent's ContactNow phone doesn't display any call activity.
Account balance is $0.00 or less
Check the current balance on the account at the top-right of the ContactNow admin interface. A positive balance (above $0.00) is required for calling and/or call disposition to work.
Note that this is true even if the customer has paid for the Professional or Ultimate monthly recurring plans.
This is a system requirement currently in place to cover additional costs for any call type (such as international calls) which are not covered by the monthly plan minute allocation.
Not assigned to the correct outbound call queue
Verify that all agents who are experiencing the problem are assigned to the correct outbound queue.
This can be done in two ways:
- Navigate to Configuration > Agents, Teams, and Queues > Agents, and click the Q icon to see a list of queues an individual agent is assigned to
- Navigate to Configuration > Agents, Teams, and Queues > Agents, and click the Agent icon to see a list of agents currently assigned to that queue
Not logged in or set to Idle status
To be presented with an Outbound call from a live dataset, an agent must:
- Be logged in to the ContactNow web interface using their agent credentials
- Be logged in to their ContactNow phone using their agent number and password
- Set their dialer status to Available
Dialed phone numbers marked for callback
When the Dial Mode is set to Predictive or Progressive, phone numbers may actually be dialed, and automatically marked for callback when the person called is not reached.
To verify this, navigate to Data > Database Management, and review the data for the dataset in question. The Process Type column will display the current status of each entry, and the Callback column will display a callback time, if there is one.
You can also verify Outcome and Result call status of any call in Analytics > Record Search > Calls.
Cell phone and/or Do Not Call number calling is disabled
By default, outbound ContactNow calling to cell phones and phone numbers that are on the US national Do Not Call list is disabled.
- When using Predictive or Progressive mode calls, no error is displayed to an agent. However, the Outcome and Result fields in Analytics > Record Search > Calls will display "Dead Line"
- When using Preview mode or manually dialing calls, the ContactNow interface will display a "Dead Line" error message to the agent
Note: To enable Cell phone and DNC calling on an account, a case must be opened, and forms completed and submitted to that case. Once this process is completed, Cell Phone and/or Do Not Call calling can immediately be enabled.
Please see the following article for forms to request enabling of cell phone and/or Do Not Call number calling:
Assigned dataset is configured incorrectly
Once a dataset is correctly imported into ContactNow, that dataset entry must be correctly configured.
To verify this, navigate to Data > Dataset Management, and click Edit Dataset for the dataset in question.
All of the following entries must be correctly configured for calls to feed to Agents in an outbound queue:
- QUEUE: The dataset must be assigned to a queue
- PRIORITY: If there are multiple datasets assigned to a queue, the Priority must be set high enough that it will be selected by the system. Higher-priority datasets will be used first
- CALLBACK STATUS:This should be set to the type of records that should be called using this dataset. The setting ALL RECORDS will force dialing of every record in the dataset
- STATUS: The dataset must be set to LIVE status, or it will never be used
Note: If the dataset contains phone numbers which have already been called and are set to CALLBACK status, they will not actually be dialed again until the scheduled time has elapsed.
Priority of the outbound call queue is disabled
To verify and/or correct this setting:
- Go to Configuration > Agents, Teams & Queues > Queues.
- Click the gear icon of an outbound queue, and select Edit.
- Priority (the top entry) must be set to ON. Setting this option to OFF will effectively disable the queue.
Dataset was not imported correctly
If phone numbers are not mapped correctly during the dataset import process, those numbers will not be dialed by the system, and agents will not receive calls from that dataset.
A CSV (comma separated value) data file must first be uploaded and then go through a successful import process into a ContactNow "dataset" in order for automated outbound calling to work.
The resulting dataset must have the phone number fields "mapped" correctly to internal ContactNow data fields so that the system can see those phone numbers.
The fastest way to verify imported dataset viability is to navigate to Data > Dataset Management, and hover your mouse cursor over the dataset status bar.
For data with phone numbers that were successfully imported, Available Now should show the maximum amount of phone numbers that were correctly imported. If the dataset was imcorrectly imported, most or all fields will display zero.
- Pay careful attention during the data import process! The data import wizard will alert the user to any problems with the data being imported.
- Only CSV (comma separated value) files can be imported as ContactNow datasets. All other data file types will fail on import.
- If data is imported incorrectly into a dataset, that dataset must be Expired and the data correctly re-imported.
- It's been noticed that iOS CSV file format can experience errors during the dataset import process. It's recommended to export data using Windows CSV or MS-DOS CSV format, instead.
Possible causes for this problem are one or more of the following:
- Account balance is $0 or less
- Your agent is not assigned to the correct outbound call queue
- Your agent is either not logged in, or are set to Idle status
- Dialed phone numbers are being marked for callback
- Cell phone and/or Do Not Call number calling is disabled
- The assigned dataset is configured incorrectly
- The Priority of the outbound call queue is disabled
- The dataset was not imported correctly