To access the additional settings in the Voicemail Queue IVR tab.
In the Virtual Contact Center Configuration Manager, in the Voicemail Queue IVR tab, these options are grayed out:
- Delete Voice Mail is set to "On hang up" and is greyed out.
- Send Voice Mail by E-mail is set to "On request" and is greyed out.
To make them available, a custom audio file needs to be used.
Virtual Contact Center, Configuration Manager
Here are the basic steps to use the Voicemail Queue IVR tab settings.
- Create a custom audio file, this is what the agents will hear when receiving the voicemail, and should give the agent directions on how to handle the voicemail. This audio file needs to be created outside of 8x8 software.
- Log into the Virtual Contact Center Configuration Manager.
- Select Queues/Skills.
- Voicemail Queue.
- IVR tab, click Upload Custom.
- Browse to the *.wav audio file, click Save.
- The settings are now available for editing:
- Delete Voice Mail
- Send Voice Mail by E-mail.
- Adjust the settings as desired.
- Click Save.