When an agent places an outbound call, their status still shows as available.
Virtual Contact Center
There must be at least 1 Outbound Queue and 1 Outbound Phone Code assigned to the agent's group in order for their status to update to Busy when placing an Outbound Call.
- Create an Outbound Queue. The priority of this queue will not matter, but please set desired Post-processing timeout seconds and Voice Recording percentage.
- There is no need to assign/enable the agents in this queue, set interactions, or SLA if you are only using this queue to change their status to busy. Save the queue.
- Create an Outbound Phone Code and only create 1 code. Make sure that you check the Active checkbox. Choose any of your Channel Numbers to display in the Calling Line Identifier field and select your Outbound Queue.
- Select the Assignment Tab and assign this Outbound Phone Code to your agents group. Select Save.
- Have your agent refresh their VCC Agent Portal and place a test Outbound Call to confirm their status is now showing as busy. If not, have the agent log out / log back in and place another test call.