Agents in Virtual Contact Center are transferring calls to other VCC Agents but the receiving agent’s status does not automatically change to busy.
Virtual Contact Center, Configuration, Agents
Transfer the calls within Virtual Contact Center by clicking the agent's name in the Name list, and selecting Make a Call.
Example of Correct Procedure
- Agent A has a call on line 1.
- Agent A places the line 1 call on Hold
- Agent A selects line 2.
- Select the Status tab - looks like the two people.
- Agent A looks in the Name list - should be below the Queue list.
- Agent A clicks Agent B's name > select Make a Call.
- Agent B's phone rings > Agent B answers. - VCC recognizes Agent B is Busy.
- Agent A and B are talking.
- Agent A clicks Join Lines.
- Agent A introduces the caller and Agent B.
- Agent B begins conversing with the caller.
- Agent A clicks End Call.
- Agent A is in Post Processing.
- Agent B continues with the caller.
The calls are being transferred by dialing Agent B’s phone number instead of selecting the agent in VCC.
Dialing the phone number makes VCC think the call is leaving the VCC system, Agent B does not receive the call in VCC, and Agent B's VCC does not know Agent B is on a call.