How To Transfer A Call To An External Party from Virtual Contact Center AGUI
Virtual Contact Center
Virtual Contact Center allows agents to transfer an active phone call to an external phone number.
To transfer a phone interaction to an external number:
1. Announce to the current caller that you are going to transfer them to another telephone number.
2. While in an active call on line 1, click line 2 in the Phone tab.
Agent Console automatically places the phone interaction on line 1 on hold.
3. Type a telephone number then click Dial.
- In the United States, type <1> before the area code.
- If Agent Console prompts you to choose a Transaction Code, choose a code from the list, and click Save.
See Select Transaction Codes for more information. Ringing appears instead of Dial, indicating that Agent Console has called the number.
4. After the second party has answered the phone, tell the second party you are transferring a phone interaction to them, then click Transfer Lines to complete the transfer.
Agent Console changes your status to Post Processing.
5. To transfer the call before the second party answers the phone, click Transfer Lines.
Agent Console forwards the call, then changes your status to Post Processing.
Note: If the second party does not answer the call, and the second party does not have a voice mailbox, the call eventually times out and is dropped.
6. Click End Post Processing to change your status to Available, or click Work Offline if you need more time to complete any post-processing tasks. For information about your contact center's timeout interval, contact your contact center administrator.