Enabling or disabling the confirmation email that is sent out when a user sends an eFax from Virtual Office Desktop.
- Virtual Office Desktop
- Log in to Virtual Office Desktop.
- Click More Options (three dots).
- Click Settings.
- Click Account Settings.
- If prompted, log in with your 8x8 credentials.
- In the Advanced Settings window, under My Services > Internet Fax, make sure the email address is correct, then click the options drop-down to select your preferred notification options for sending and receiving faxes.
- Link & Attachment
- Attachment Only
- Notification Only
- Disable Notification
- Link Only
- Click Save.
Fax email notifications can take up to 15 minutes to be delivered. There are incidents when fax email notifications are not received up to 2 hours after receiving a fax, but it is more common to receive fax email notifications within 15 to 30 minutes of receiving the fax. If fax email notifications are not received beyond an hour, create a case with 8x8 support.
Factors that may delay fax email notifications:
- Client-side mail server congestion (typically on corporate SMTP environment)
- Backlog or high volume of faxes (8x8 fax services at peak capacity)
- ISP outages