Note: To set up Virtual Office Desktop as a softphone in the legacy version of Virtual Contact Center, click here.
Virtual Office Desktop (VOD) is available as a softphone option for Virtual Contact Center (VCC). This allows the agent to use VOD instead of a physical phone. Calls to the user's extension can be directed to VOD. Follow the instructions below to use and set up VOD softphones for your agents in VCC.
Before You Begin
- Ensure that your system meets the Virtual Office and VCC technical requirements.
- Create user profiles in Account Manager and assign extensions to these profiles. These extensions will serve as temporary numbers until they have VCC Dedicated Extensions.
- Have agents enter their desk phone number as their work extension and their VOD number as their work number.
- Set up the extension as a VCC Dedicated Extension in Account Manager. This allows you to prevent agents from using VOD to dial outbound calls and to record and log agent calls.
- Agents should set their status to Available to make and receive calls in their assigned queues in VCC.
- Agents should transfer calls in VCC or the calls will be dropped on the VCC side.
To set up a Virtual Contact Center Dedicated Extension in Account Manager
Note: You will not be able to use Virtual Office Mobile with a Virtual Contact Center Dedicated extension because it does not allow forking, the ability to send an incoming call to multiple channels at the same time (desk phone, Virtual Office Mobile, and VOD).
- Log in to Account Manager.
- Click Accounts.
- Click User Profiles.
- Click Edit to the left of the user's extension.
- Click Select User Profile and select the agent's user profile.
- Click the VCC Agent checkbox.
- Click Add VCC Agent Extension. The extension will pre-populate these fields.
- Click the button to enable this number as the VCC Primary Extension. This will automatically convert this number to a VCC Dedicated Extension and enable this number to Route Numbers to VCC Channels.
- Click Add.
- Click Save.
To set up a Floating VCC Dedicated Extension
To set up VOD as a softphone in VCC
- Log in to the VCC Agent Console.
- Select Profile in the Menu drop-down.
- Enter the VCC Dedicated Extension number for the agent or the Floating VCC Dedicated Extension as the Workplace Phone.
- Click Make Verification Call to confirm that the number is properly configured.
- Click Save.