Note: To set up Virtual Office Desktop as a softphone in the legacy version of Virtual Contact Center, click here.
Virtual Office Desktop (VOD) is available as a softphone option for Virtual Contact Center (VCC). This allows the agent to use VOD instead of a physical phone. Calls to the user's extension can be directed to VOD. Follow the instructions below to use and set up VOD softphones for your agents in VCC.
Before You Begin
- Ensure that your system meets the Virtual Office and Virtual Contact Center technical requirements.
- Have agents enter their desk phone number as their work extension and their VOD number as their work number.
- Check that the Interaction Time Out in VCC is shorter than Number of Rings before the call is routed to voicemail in VCC.
- If the Number of Rings is longer than the Interaction Time Out, then callers that are routed to voicemail are never routed back to the Call Queue.
- Set up the extension as a VCC Dedicated Extension. This allows you to prevent agents from using VOD to dial outbound calls and to record and log agent calls.
- Agents should set their status to Available to make and receive calls in their assigned queues in VCC.
- Agents should put calls on hold in VCC so that the transaction details will be visible. Note: VCC uses default hold music, but putting calls on hold in VOD allows you to customize your hold music.
- Agents should transfer calls in VCC or the calls will be dropped on the VCC side.
To set up a VCC Dedicated Extension in VCC Editions
Before you add an agent with a VOD softphone, you need to claim a phone number for their VCC account.
- Log in to VO Configuration Manager.
- Click Users.
- Click Create User.
- Fill in the required information:
- First name
- Last name
- Under Service Selection, select VCC Agent.
- Click + next to VCC Agent to add another service.
- Select an available Virtual Office service from the drop-down menu. Your services will depend on the plan you have purchased from 8x8, but may include the following options:
- Virtual Office Standard
- Virtual Office Pro
- Virtual Office Ultimate
- Select a phone number from the Phone Number drop-down.
- Enter an Extension Number or accept the default number provided.
- Set Device to None.
- Under VCC Agent Settings, click Suggest to generate an extension number.
- Click the VCC Dedicated Extension toggle.
- Click Save.
To set up VOD as a softphone in VCC Editions
- Log in to the VCC Agent Console.
- Select Profile in the Menu drop-down.
- Enter the agent's Virtual Office number as the Workplace Phone.
- Click Make Verification Call to confirm that the number is properly configured.
- Click Save.