Virtual Office Online is the web browser version of the Virtual Office Desktop software. It maintains most of the functionality of the desktop application. Once enabled, each extension on your account can use Virtual Office Online on any computer with Internet access.
To allow users to access Virtual Office Online, admins will have to create a User Profile for each user.
Virtual Office Online is recommended when:
- The user cannot install Virtual Office Desktop (lacking admin permissions, the computer does not belong to the user, etc.) or does not want to use Flash.
- The user does not have a need to share content with meeting attendees (the ability to share content with other meeting attendees requires Virtual Office Desktop).
- The user does not need to be in the video conference (Virtual Office Online users can see the other attendees, but joining video with the new high-quality HD requires Virtual Office Desktop).
- The user does not need to use local Outlook or Lync integration.
When using Virtual Office Online, for optimal quality, we do not recommend connecting audio through the computer. While a video call is possible, Virtual Office Online is not capable of transmitting HD video. For the optimal experience and highest audio and video quality, we recommend using Virtual Office Desktop (Mac / PC) or the Virtual Office Mobile application (iOS / Android).
Note: Virtual Office Online (VOO) is only available to our legacy users at this time. Customers with Account Manager (AM) access can use VOO.
To use Virtual Office Online
- In a web browser, navigate to https://login.8x8.com.
- Log in with your 8x8 extension username and password.
- Click the icon to open Virtual Office Online.
- Select whether to allow the application to use your computer's camera and microphone.
- Review and click to agree to the 8x8 License Agreement. (Agreement is required to continue.)