A Virtual Office Pro extension set to Always Record experiences one or more of the following:
- Conference calls joined by dialing extension 556 fail to record.
- Calls to any service extension fail to record.
- Calls in to any conference bridge (including non-8x8) cannot be completed.
A Virtual Office Pro extension set to Record on Demand experiences dropped calls when joining a conference call via extension 556 and call recording is initiated (*0).
Virtual Office Pro extensions
To record group conversations (as one would a conference call), it is recommended to schedule a Virtual Meeting instead of a conference bridge. (Recording MUST be initiated from the Virtual Meeting interface on a computer—it cannot be started from a phone.)
Record Virtual Office Meeting Audio
- Click the Meeting Controls icon from the meeting panel. A pop up window with your controls appears.
- Select Start Recording.
- In the Terms and Conditions message box, check the box next to "I have read and accept the 8x8 recording policy".
- Click OK.
- At any time, click Stop Recording to end audio recording.
Non-Conference Service Extension Recording
- Set call recording to Record on Demand (instead of Always Record).
- After the call has connected, use the phone's Record soft key or press * 0 to initiate recording.
If the call recording feature is set to Always Record, by design, calls to any service extension (such as conference bridge, voicemail, Auto Attendant, etc.) will not be recorded.