Note: To activate your 8x8 desk phone as a Virtual Office Configuration Manager user, click here.
Just getting started with your new VoIP phone? Activation is a snap! Follow the instructions or watch the video below. If you are looking for instructions on how to activate wireless or cordless DECT phones, see How do I activate my cordless IP DECT phones?
- The phone(s) you’ll be activating.
- The email with your activation code(s).
If you have not received an extension welcome email or do not have these credentials, speak to your phone system administrator to have them created or assigned, or to have the email re-sent.
If you have simply forgotten your password, you can reset it easily via the 8x8 Virtual Office login page.
Activating a phone previously used with another service?
If you are activating a Polycom or Yealink IP phone previously used with another service, you may not yet see an onscreen prompt to activate the phone.
Please consult one of the following guides:
To activate your phone
Note: The phone model shown in the video below is a Polycom VVX 401. However, the same steps apply to all non-wireless 8x8 desk phones.
- Connect the phone to your Ethernet connection using the provided Ethernet cable. (If your network does not feature power over Ethernet, be sure to also connect and plug in the power adaptor.)
- Your phone will automatically power up and display Activate on the screen.
- Pick up the handset (or turn on the speakerphone).
- Following the voice prompts, enter the phone activation code provided in the 8x8 email that includes your Virtual Office extension username and password. (If you no longer have this email or cannot find it, you can ask your system administrator to resend it.)
For additional instructions, refer to the Quickstart Guide that came with your phone or the online 8x8 Equipment Matrix.