Note: To increase your ring timer in Virtual Office Configuration Manager, click here.
By default, an extension is set to ring for 15 seconds before calls are sent to voicemail. There are two ways to increase how long your phone rings before a call is sent to voicemail: by an end user in the Virtual Office Desktop application settings, or by an account admin within the extension settings in Account Manager.
Changing these settings will affect ring duration across all your Virtual Office softphone applications (desktop, online, and mobile) and your desk phone.
Note: Using Cellular Voice as your inbound Call Mode in Virtual Office mobile? Your smartphone's default ring duration may take precedence over these settings if it is shorter.
In Virtual Office Desktop (End User)
To increase the ring duration for all calls at all times, you'll need to create and enable a call forwarding rule. These instructions assume you do not want to forward the call to any other destination besides voicemail.
To forward calls in Account Manager, click here.
To set a call forwarding rule with increased ring time
- In Virtual Office Desktop, click Virtual Office > Settings > Account Settings.
- From the left menu, click Call Forwarding.
- Click +Add New Rule.
- Enter a Rule Name (example: 30 second ring).
- Click the Forward To tab.
- In the Ring For (seconds) column, enter the ring duration you wish to implement in seconds.
- Click OK.
In Account Manager (Admin)
These instructions will allow you to set the ring time before sending calls to voicemail for a single extension via the extension's Call Forwarding settings.
To adjust voicemail forwarding ring time in Account Manager
- Log in to Account Manager.
- Click Phone System > View All Extensions.
- Locate the extension you wish to edit, and click Edit.
- Click to open the Call Forwarding section.
- For No Answer Forwarding, ensure the box for Forward to Voice Mail is checked.
- In the far right Delay (seconds) column, enter the ring duration you wish to implement in seconds.
- Click Save Changes.