Note: To configure Power Keys in Virtual Office Configuration Manager, click here.
As a Virtual Office PBX administrator, you can set up the initial configuration of line keys in Account Manager and push these settings to a Power Keys (formerly Virtual Receptionist)-enabled extension phone/sidecar from Account Manager.
You can assign:
- Line Appearance Keys (LAK) - To receive and handle multiple live calls.
- Busy Lamp Field Keys (BLF) - To track the status of other extension users on the same PBX.
- Speed Dial Keys - To quickly dial out to most frequently used numbers.
Before You Begin
Backing up the contact directory on the phone device is essential before editing any keys in Account Manager the first time. Configuring line keys in Account Manager allows central editing after the local directory is saved once to prevent accidental loss of locally-saved contact data on the phone. You can add a dummy new entry on the phone and save it for a quick back-up.
To Configure PWR Line Keys in Account Manager
Note: These instructions can also be found in the Power Keys User Guide.
- Ensure you have performed steps to back up the contact directory on the phone. (If you have done this once before on this device, it is not necessary to do so again.)
- Log in to Account Manager.
- Click Phone System > Line Key Configuration: Configure.
- From the list, next to the extension you wish to configure line keys for, click Configure Line Keys.
- You will be prompted to back up the contact directory or speed dials on the phone. If you have already completed this (Step 1), click Confirm.
- Review the Line Key Configuration screen. This screen shows the device key map with assigned keys and unused spare keys on your phone. The key types are displayed on the right-hand side.
Configure Keys for a Sidecar
- Click Configure SideCar below the key types on the right-hand side.
- In the pop-up window, enter the number of sidecars you will be configuring (up to 3).
- Click Update, then proceed below.
Note: The number of Line Appearance Keys and BLF keys allowed for the extension depends on the Power Keys plan it is associated with -- PWR4/6/14 for phones and PWR28/40 for sidecars.
- Drag and drop a desired key type to an unused key in the map.
Note for Chrome users: Chrome does not support drag-and-drop functionality. Instead, click on a key tile to select from a list of key type options.
Add Line Appearance Keys
Drag and drop Line Appearance key type on an unused key (or click on a tile for the key type options).
Add BLF Keys
- At the prompt, select an extension to monitor.
- Enter a desired extension number, caller ID or phone number; or click Search.
- From the search result, select an extension.
- Edit the label that will appear on the phone display.
- If desired, enable the user to answer calls for this monitored extension.
Add Speed Dial Keys
- Drag and drop the Speed Dial key type, or click on a key tile for key type options.
- At the prompt, select an extension from the contact directory or enter a new number.
- To add a new contact, add additional details as desired.
- Click Save.
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen to complete line key configuration.
- At the prompt, click Reboot Now to push the initial line key configuration to the phone and/or sidecar. (Alternatively, select a time to reboot later.) It takes a few minutes for the device(s) to restart and display your key settings.