This article is a work-in-progress! This feature has not yet been released. Customers cannot follow the instructions below at this time.
Enabling voicemail transcription for your company or organization in Virtual Office Configuration Manager.
Virtual Office Configuration Manager
- Log in to Virtual Office Configuration Manager
- From the top left menu, go to Profile Policies.
- To the right of the 8x8 Master User Template, click the pencil.
- Scroll down to the Disable Voicemail Transcription section.
- Click the toggle to gray to enable voicemail transcription.
- Click Save.
- The Voicemail Transcription feature transcribes a user's voicemails to readable text that is sent to the user's email.
- The language used for the transcription depends on the language set on the user's extension.
- Only messages longer than five seconds are transcribed.
- It may take up to five minutes for the email to be received.
- This feature is not currently available for Ring Group voicemail.
- This feature is currently enabled company-wide, and not on a per-user basis.