Note: To configure Salesforce SSO for an Account Manager user, click here.
Salesforce single sign on (SSO) allows 8x8 Virtual Office for Salesforce integration users to sign in to Salesforce and their 8x8 extension simultaneously, using only their Salesforce login credentials.
The configuration steps below must be performed in both Salesforce and the 8x8 Virtual Office Configuration Manager by an administrator of those accounts. Once configured, the Salesforce SSO feature is applied globally, affecting all Salesforce users on an account.
Note: Before configuring Salesforce SSO, please download and install the 8x8 Virtual Office for Salesforce integration.
Step 1: Configuring a VO Configuration Manager User Profile for SSO
- Log in to VO Configuration Manager.
- Click More Options to the right of the desired User Profile.
- Select Edit from the pop-up menu.
- Go to the Third Party Integrations section near the bottom of your screen.
- Under Third Party, select Salesforce ID.
- Enter your Salesforce Username.
- Click Save to confirm your changes.
Step 2: Configuring Salesforce
Note: The administrator should first configure all user profiles in the 8x8 Virtual Office Configuration Manager for Salesforce SSO login as described in the above section.
- Log in to Salesforce.
- At the top left of the screen, click Setup.
- At the top left of the screen, search for Call Center, then click the Call Centers link.
You can also find Call Centers by navigating to:
- Setup > Apps > Customize > Call Center (All non-Developer Salesforce accounts)
- Setup > Build > Customize > Call Center (Salesforce Developer accounts)
- Under All Call Centers, locate the 8x8 Virtual Office call center and click Edit.
- In the Enable Salesforce SSO field, enter true.
- Click Save.
- Have all users log out of Salesforce, then log back in again to fully enable the Salesforce SSO.
- The first time a user logs in to Salesforce after this configuration change, a window will pop requesting permission to allow Single Sign On. Click Allow.
You and your users can now log in to Salesforce without needing to separately log in to your 8x8 extension.