This quick guide provides basic instruction for installing the 8x8 Virtual Office for NetSuite Integration.
Complete online guides are available for configuration and use of the Virtual Office for NetSuite integration, below:
- Virtual Office Integration for NetSuite v2.x - Online Help for Agents
- Virtual Office Integration for NetSuite v2.x - Online Help for Administrators
Instructions for configuring the Virtual Contact Center NetSuite integration can be found here:
- Installing the Virtual Office 8x8 Integration for NetSuite
- Enabling the Telephony feature
- Setting up NetSuite Click-to-Dial
- Configuring a custom portlet from which to launch the integration dialer
Note: NetSuite administrator access is required for all but Click to Dial and custom portlet configuration.
Install the 8x8 Integration
- Log in to NetSuite with an account that has NetSuite administrative access rights.
- Go to Customization > SuiteBundler > Search & Install Bundles > List.
- Search for 8x8.
- Click on 8x8 Virtual Office 2.0 (with bundle ID 213367).
- Click Install.
Enable the Telephony Feature
Performing any 8x8 NetSuite Integration configuration requires that the Telephony tab be visible under Home > Set Preferences > General.
Follow these steps if the Telephony tab is not visible.
- Log in to NetSuite with an account that has administrative access.
- Go to Setup > Company > Setup Tasks > Enable Features.
- On the SuiteCloud subtab, in the Integration Add-Ons section, check Telephony Integration.
- Click Save.
Set Up the Click-to-Dial Feature in NetSuite
Click-to-Dial allows you to click on a phone number from within NetSuite to initiate an outbound call.
Each individual user will need to perform this configuration.
- Go to Home > Set Preferences. This opens the General tab.
- Select the Telephony tab.
- For Telephony option, select CTI from the drop down menu.
- Enter the CTI URL exactly as follows:
- Click Save.
- Phone numbers within NetSuite can now be clicked to initiate an outbound call.
- The Virtual Office phone extension will ring first. Answer that extension call, and the call will be connected from the 8x8 extension to its destination.
Configure a Custom Portlet
Each user must configure a custom portlet to see the integration dialer.
- Log in to your NetSuite account.
- Go to Home > Personalize > Custom Portlet.
- From the Custom Portlet menu, select Setup.
- From the Source list, select 8x8 Virtual Office Production 2.0.
- Click the link in the portlet to launch a separate 8x8 integration (dialer) window.
- Log in to the 8x8 extension.