When a Zendesk user attempts to log in to the Virtual Office communication panel for the very first time, they see only a blank frame where the Virtual Office login prompt should appear.
Virtual Office for Zendesk integration communication panel
The initial Virtual Office authentication prompt should appear in a new web browser tab, and has either not appeared, has been overlooked, or was ignored.
The first time a user logs in to Zendesk after the integration has been installed on the account, they will be required to perform the following operation only once:
- A new web browser tab should open 5-10 seconds later. In the new tab, you must click Allow to permit the 8x8 integration to communicate with your Zendesk account.
- If you click Deny or simply close the browser tab, the integration will not work.
- After a few seconds, the new browser tab will disappear, and the login prompt to your 8x8 Virtual Office extension will appear in the original browser tab. At this time the user can log in and use their 8x8 communication panel.
If the above process does not work, follow the steps below to permanently fix this issue,
Each Zendesk user will be required to perform the following operation only once:
- Log in to Zendesk with the credential of the user experiencing the issue.
- From the same web browser, open a new browser tab and navigate to one or both of the following URLs, as needed:
- At the prompt, log in to the 8x8 Virtual Office extension assigned to the user.
- You should then be prompted to allow 8x8 access to your Zendesk account.
- Click Allow. This is required for the communication panel to work.
- Keep the new browser tab open switch to the original Zendesk tab.
- Refresh the Zendesk browser tab. You should now see the communication panel with the user logged in.
- Close the additional browser tab to complete this operation.
Now each time the user logs into Zendesk, they should see the Virtual Office login prompt displayed.