Activating your Obihai ATA is a simple process. You will need the activation code sent to you via email. You can also find the activation code in Account Manager or Configuration Manager. If you do not have access to Account Manager or Configuration Manager, or you do not have the original email with the activation code, please contact your IT administrator. If you do not have access to an analog phone, you will need to create a case with 8x8 Support to have your device activated.
Activating an Obihai ATA
Connect your device using the ports on the back panel. You will need either an analog phone or a fax machine with an analog phone to activate your device using the Phone port.
- Use an RJ-11 telephone cable to connect the Phone port to an analog phone or fax machine.
- Use an Ethernet cable to to connect the Internet port to your router or switch. Note: If you connect directly to a broadband modem, you must first configure your Obihai ATA to act as a router.
- Connect the AC power adapter to the Power port and plug the other end into a wall socket.
- Lift the phone handset and follow the voice instructions to enter the activation code. You may hear a dial tone for a few seconds before being prompted to enter the activation code.
- After activation is successful, you will hear a message confirming that your ATA has been activated.