The Viking ZPI-4 paging system will work with the FXS port provided on a Cisco SPA122 analog adapter. For complete details, please consult the Viking ZPI-4 user manual (especially the section on Ring Trip Paging on page 2), and the Additional Resources section below.
To connect a Viking ZPI-4 to a Cisco SPA122 ATA
- Connect the ZPI-4 to the SPA122 and configure for Ring Trip Paging as shown below:
Click image to enlarge.
- Set RING TRIP/TRUNK/PAGE PORT switch to RING TRIP (all the way to the left).
- Set TALK BATT switch to OFF (all the way to the left).
- Attach TIP and RING to TELCO IN terminals.
- (Optional.) Attach background music source to MUSIC IN terminals.
- Adjust the TIME OUT ADJUST as required. (This should be set to a second or two longer than the longest expected page. )
- (Optional.) If the phone system provides a contact closure for night ring, connect a pair of wires from this closure to the NIGHT CONTACTS terminals. If the phone system provides ring signal for night ring, hook up a pair of wires from the phone system night ring output to the NIGHT RING screw.
- Enable dial tone and page alert tone as shown in DIP switch programming. (See Viking ZPI-4 user manual, page 7.)