You may have phones that exhibit issues outlined below if you have a Netgear router (typically the Nighthawk series)
- Incorrect Call Routing
- Ring groups not ringing all phones
- Desk phones not ringing when Virtual Office Desktop is
- Phones not staying connected and rebooting
- Connected phone shuffle
- Duplicate internal IP addresses on phones
Netgear routers, Nighthawk series
Port Forward 5060
- Under Advanced Setup select Port Forwarding/Port Triggering.
- Select Add a custom port and fill in the following fields:
- Service Name (can be anything)
- Service Type: TCP/UDP
- External Starting Port: 5060
- External Ending Port: 5060
- Internal Starting Port: 5060
- Enter an Internal IP address outside of the DHCP range so that none of the devices are assigned this IP address
- Click Apply.
- After applying these settings, power cycle the phones to establish the new network connection.
Set NAT Security to Open and Disable SIP ALG
- Log in to the router and open NAT Security.
- Find WAN Settings under WAN Setup.
- Set WAN Security to Open and check the box to Disable SIP ALG.
- Click Save.
- This can result in ghost calls on port 5060. To prevent this, Port Forward 5060 to an unused IP address outside of your DHCP range, if possible.
Some Netgear routers have network address translation (NAT) issues when using 8x8 services.
The source of the issue is likely a Netgear NAT Routing Table with NAT settings secured. This is because 8x8 will send calls to your network, but without a port, all traffic will be routed randomly, or to only one phone.