Connecting a Viking ZPI-4 overhead paging system to a Cisco SPA122 ATA
Viking ZPI-4, Cisco SPA122 ATA
- Connect the ZPI-4 to the SPA122 and configure for Ring Trip Paging as shown below:
- Set RING TRIP/TRUNK/PAGE PORT switch to RING TRIP (all the way to the left).
- Set TALK BATT switch to OFF (all the way to the left).
- Attach TIP and RING to TELCO IN terminals.
- (Optional.) Attach background music source to MUSIC IN terminals.
- Adjust the TIME OUT ADJUST as required. (This should be set to a second or two longer than the longest expected page. )
- (Optional.) If the phone system provides a contact closure for night ring, connect a pair of wires from this closure to the NIGHT CONTACTS terminals. If the phone system provides ring signal for night ring, hook up a pair of wires from the phone system night ring output to the NIGHT RING screw.
- Enable dial tone and page alert tone as shown in DIP switch programming. (See Viking ZPI-4 user manual, page 7.)
- Viking ZPI-4 Product Home: https://www.vikingelectronics.com/product-details.php?pid=275
- Viking ZPI-4 Manual (PDF): https://www.vikingelectronics.com/downloadpdf.php?filename=zpi-4.pdf