Note: Accommodation of devices not purchased from or originally provisioned for service by 8x8 is on a commercially reasonable effort basis. These devices are not guaranteed to be supported on 8x8 service.
Are you activating phones not provided by 8x8?
In order to work on the 8x8 service, these phones will need to:
- Be supported models on compatible firmware.
- Have a valid factory-installed device certificate.
- Have our server address programmed in so they can reach our servers.
Before you try to activate your phones on 8x8 service, click here to make sure the model and firmware are supported.
Once you have confirmed that your device is compatible with the 8x8 service, follow the guides below to configure it to use our service.
Note: The below guides are for phone system administrators. If you are not the person responsible for setting up and maintaining your company's 8x8 phone system, you may not be able to complete all of the steps below.
Provisioning Guides by Manufacturer
Polycom VVX and SoundPoint IP Phones
Knowledge Base Article: How do I manually provision a Polycom phone using the phone's Web GUI?
Downloadable User Guide: Reusing Polycom Phones with 8x8 Service
Polycom SoundPoint IP 550 Video Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrBm-0ZQSrY
Polycom SoundPoint IP 335 Video Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmceSLlSP9k
Cisco SPA IP Phones
Step-by-Step Guide: Cisco SPA IP Phones: How do I provision my phone for use on 8x8 service?
Cisco SPA IP Phones Video Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzZCdGJMxKY
Yealink IP Phones
Knowledge Base Article: How do I manually provision a Yealink phone using the phone's Web GUI?
Downloadable User Guide: Reusing Yealink Phones with 8x8 Service
Activating Your Phones
- Log in to the 8x8 Application Panel at https://login.8x8.com.
- Click the icon for Virtual Office Account Mgr. (Only available to authorized administrators.)
- If asked Which account would you like to manage? select Business, then click Sign In.(Or skip if not asked.)
- From the top menu, click Phone System.
- Click View All Extensions to reach the Manage Extensions page.
- For each device you wish to activate, in the Actions column, click the Activate Device link.
- Note the Activation Code and and follow the instructions in the pop-up.
If your equipment type does not match what is listed in Account Manager, or if you have any issues with phone activation, please create a case with 8x8 Technical Support.