An extension user logs in to a Hot Desk host as a guest and uses the desk phone as his or her own extension phone.
To log in to a Hot Desk host
- From a Hot Desk host, dial *43.
- At the prompt, enter your extension number followed by your voicemail password. The phone reboots and displays the username and extension number. You can now make and receive calls just as you do when you use your desk phone.
To log out of a Hot Desk host
- From the Hot Desk host, dial *43.
- Enter your extension number followed by the voicemail password. The phone reboots and displays the host name and extension number.
To log out of a Hot Desk host remotely
- Log in to any virtual office client such as Virtual Office Mobile, Virtual Office Desktop, or Virtual Office Online.
- Dial *43, followed by extension number and voicemail password. It logs you out from the Hot Desk host.
Note: If you forget to log out, as soon as another guest logs in to the Hot Desk, your extension will be logged out.
To make emergency calls from a Hot Desk host
The Hot Desk host does not allow you to make or receive any calls when you are not logged in as a guest. The only exception, however, is making emergency calls. In North America, dial 911 just as you would on any other phone. The physical location of the Hot Desk phone is registered as the emergency address of the call.
Hot Desk endpoints
Hot Desk can be applied to the following endpoints:
- Cisco SPA 303G
- Cisco SPA 504G
- Cisco SPA 525G2
- Polycom SoundPoint IP 335
- Polycom SoundPoint IP 550
- Polycom SoundPoint IP 560
- Polycom SoundPoint IP 670
- Polycom SoundStation IP 5000 Speakerphone
- Polycom SoundStation IP 6000 Speakerphone
- Polycom SoundStation IP 7000 Speakerphone
- Polycom VVX 1500
- Polycom VVX 300, 301
- Polycom VVX 310, 311
- Polycom VVX 400, 401
- Polycom VVX 410, 411
- Polycom VVX 500, 501
- Polycom VVX 600, 601
- Polycome Real Presence Trio 8800
- Yealink CP860
Hot Desk is not supported on the following devices:
- All DECT phones (Spectralink, Panasonic KX-TGP600B, Yealink W52p)
- Legacy Aastra devices
- Cisco SPA 122 ATA