Before You Begin
These procedures specifically concern the Panasonic DECT series of phones.
Note: Do not factory reset a phone to address call quality issues!
Factory resetting a phone is not recommended as a troubleshooting step, except as a last resort.
Additionally, key portions of this procedure require some timing. It is a good idea to review all of the steps below before you begin.
Generally speaking, you want to:
- Enter access information (MAC password or MAC ID).
- Complete reset process.
- Reconfigure the config server address (if necessary).
To perform a factory reset on a Panasonic DECT phone
- On the Panasonic DECT handset, go to Menu > Setting Handset > Other Option > Embedded Web.
- Select On to turn on web access.
- Go to Menu > System Settings > Status > IPv4 Settings > IP Address.
- Note the IP address of the base unit.
- In the browser address bar, enter: http://<phone IP address> and press Enter.
- Log in with the following credentials.
- Username: instoperatorid
- Password: qgENGet4GQKQVVRyYXJm4LQL2NGVuhEtKzK3Gkz7LdWZFvtxB7CHdWkpkD9Q8WZt
- In the web GUI, go to Maintenance > Reset to Defaults > Reset to Factory Defaults/Carrier Defaults.
- Click OK to reset the base unit.
- After the factory reset is complete, log in to the web GUI using the following credentials:
- Username: admin
- Password: adminpass
- Go to Maintenance > Provisioning Maintenance > Master File URL.
- Enter the Master File URL: https://pancfg.8x8.com/panasonic/ConfigCommon.cfg
- Click Save.