To reset a Polycom phone to factory default settings
Please Note: Do not factory reset a phone to address call quality issues!
Factory resetting a phone is not recommended as a troubleshooting step, except as a last resort.
- Press the Menu/Home Key.
- Select Settings.
- Select Advanced. The Password will depend on the profile:
- Active (with profile): acquire and use the MAC Password
- Inactive (no profile): default password, 456.
- Select Administration Settings.
- Select Reset to Defaults.
- Select Reset to Factory.
- Select Yes for Are you Sure.
- The Phone will reboot twice and it can be activated with 8x8 services.