When a Virtual Contact Center (VCC) user is locked out, an administrator can unlock their account to give immediate access to the locked-out user. This prevents the user from being idle during an accidental lockout.
- Virtual Contact Center (VCC)
- Log in to VCC Configuration Manager as an administrator.
- Select Users.
- Locate the user account that requires unlocking. You will notice a lock symbol on the far right-hand side of the user.
- Click to open user details.
- Open the General tab. Depending on whether you have enabled Email system generated passwords for new agents/admins and reset under Security > Password Policies, you must do the following:
- If enabled: Click Reset Password. An automatic email is generated and sent to the user's email address on file. The user then has to click the link in the email to reset the password.
- If disabled: Enter a new password for the user, and save. From the list of users, click next to the user to unlock them. Notify the user of their new password so that they can log back in.
Note: To unlock the Primary Administrator role, you must contact Virtual Contact Center support staff.
See Setting a Lockout policy for VCC user accounts to define the criteria used when locking out a user.