How to change the Workplace Number in Agent Console.
- Virtual Contact Center
- VCC Agent
Virtual Contact Center allows you to use a hard phone, a cell phone, or a soft phone to process contact center interactions.
To change your Agent Console telephone number:
- Click Work Offline.
Agent Console makes you unavailable for new interactions.
- Go to My Profile.
Agent Console displays the profile configuration page.
- Enter your Workplace Phone or Workplace SIP URI under Personal.
- Click Make Verification Call to verify if the phone works.
For information about valid telephone numbers, see Additional Information section below.
Virtual Contact Center allows you to use a hard phone, a cell phone, or a soft phone to process contact center interactions. The use of a hard phone requires a phone number, while the use of a soft phone requires a SIP URI. Your administrator specifies this information when setting up your account and determines if you can change this information in your agent profile.
- The Workplace Phone, under My Profile, identifies the phone number you use to process Virtual Contact Center phone interactions.
- The Workplace SIP URI identifies your soft phone. Based on the configuration of your account, you may be able to edit your phone number and the SIP URI.
How to Format Your Telephone Number Entries
Based on the dial plan implemented for your tenant, you may need to prefix your phone number:
- In the United States, the telephone format must be:
<1> <three-digit area code> <seven-digit phone number>
- Outside the United States, the telephone format must be:
<Country Code> <phone number>
- The telephone entries may contain optional dashes, spaces, or parentheses.
The following telephone numbers are valid entries in the United States: