Warm transferring (Consult Transfer) a call to to an agent in Virtual Contact Center.
- Virtual Contact Center
To transfer an active phone interaction to another agent:
- Notify the current caller about the transfer.
- While in an active call on line 1, click on line 2 in the Phone Tab. Agent Console automatically places the phone interaction on line 1 on hold.
- Click the Agents tab to see a list of agents currently logged in to Agent Console, with their current status.
- To consult the second agent before transferring the interaction:
- Make sure you have switched to line 2.
- Select an agent from the list, and click to bring up the context menu.
- Initiate a call or a chat with the agent by choosing Make a call or Start a chat.
After the agent answers the call, the button to Transfer Lines is enabled.
- Inform the agent you are transferring a phone interaction to them, then click Transfer Lines to complete the transfer.
Agent Console submits a new phone interaction to the selected agent, then changes your status to Post Processing.
- Click End Post Processing to make your status Available, or click Work Offline if you need more time to complete any post processing tasks. For information about your contact center's timeout interval, contact your contact center administrator.